- It is the author(s)' responsibility to ascertain that s/he has submitted an entirely original work, giving due credit, by virtue of proper citations, to the works and/or words of others where they have been used.
- Plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is not acceptable by LASSIJ-IDEA.
- The relevant members of the editorial team routinely screen all submitted articles through Turnitin for similarity index and plagiarism.
- Material quoted verbatim from the author(s)' previously published work or other sources must be placed in quotation marks and be properly cited.
- The similarity index shall not exceed 10% (overall similarity).
- The author(s) are required to declare in the author agreement form that the similarity index is 10% or less.
- The similarity index from a single source shall not exceed more than 3%.
- In case the manuscript has a similarity index of more than 10%, it will either be rejected or left at the discretion of the editorial committee for the purposes of a conditional acceptance.
- The author(s) may be provided a chance to fairly address the similarity index according to the journal's requirement.
Last updated: January 28, 2022