Article Processing Charge
There is no fast-track option for review and production services of an article. However, the accelerated process may take 2-4 months for publication of an article. Acceptance of an article is based on the editorial considerations, an independent peer review, and ensuring that the highest standards are maintained. Like other Open Access Journals, LASSIJ-IDEA charges an Article Processing Charge (APC) as follows:
1. Article Processing Charge (APC)
An article processing charge includes the submission fee (processing fee), publication fee (author fee) and copy-cum-language editing fee (optional) as follows:
1.1. Submission Fee
A submission fee is charged from author(s) after completion of the desk/editorial review process of the manuscript as follows:
- PKR. 10,000 per article/manuscript
1.2. Publication Fee (Author Fee)
A publication/author fee is charged from each author/coauthor after completion of the peer review process and acceptance of the manuscript as follows:
- PKR 10,000 per author/coauthor (discounts apply)
1.3. Copy-cum-Language Editing Fee (optional)
An article/manuscript may be charged with an optional fee (if required) for the copy-cum-language editing (and references setting) as follows:
- PKR. 5000 per article/manuscript for extensive editing and references setting (if applicable)
2. Exemptions and Discounts
All authors including principal, corresponding and co-authors can claim an exemption or a discount on the publication fee (author fee) as follows:
Note: An author/coauthor can claim only one type of discount per article.
3. Article Processing Charge Explained
We are committed to making the costs of publishing as clear as possible. The article processing charge covers the costs of turning a manuscript into a finished article, as well as the costs of hosting, distributing and promoting an article.
When a manuscript is submitted, it passes through the many different departments at LASSIJ-IDEA to ensure the quality checks, peer review, production and promotion of articles is carried out in a timely manner and to a high standard:
- The Editorial Screening team, who perform initial technical and ethical checks.
- The Editorial team, who help the journal's Academic Editors manage the review process.
- The Production team, who convert the manuscript to a professionally typeset article.
- The Proofing team, who coordinate the proofing process.
- The Editorial Quality Assurance team, who perform a final check to ensure that the manuscript and its review process adhere to the journal's guidelines and policies.
- The Marketing and Communication team, who ensure your article receives the attention it deserves.
- The Technology team, who build and maintain our systems, and develop new systems.
The work these teams do contribute to the requirement of an APC and that is why the actual amount payable may vary with the passage of time.
There is no charge for using the review and production services if the paper is rejected. However, due to the costs incurred, LASSIJ-IDEA reserves the right to a partial charge of the publication fee if the author withdraws the paper.
Last updated: September 1, 2022