Article Processing Charge
There is no fast track option for review and production services. An article may be accepted in 2-3 months based on the editorial considerations and an independent peer review, ensuring that highest standards are maintained. Like other Open Access Journals, LASSIJ-IDEA charges an Article Processing Charge (APC).
1. Exemptions and Discounts:
All authors including principal, corresponding and coauthors can claim the exemption or discount, if eligible as follows:
1.1. Foreign Authors
a) Foreign faculty, researchers and students (non-Pakistani) from the developed and developing countries are exempted (100% discount).
b) Pakistani nationals working abroad as faculty, research fellows and visiting scholars are exempted (100% discount).
c). Pakistani nationals studying abroad as graduate students (Master and PhD) are granted 75% discount.
1.2. Local Authors (faculty/researchers) who have obtained PhD/Postdoc from QS Ranking World Universities:
a). Top 200 are granted 75% discount.
b). Top 201-500 are granted 50% discount.
c). Top 501-1000 are granted 25% discount.
OR: Faculty/researchers and scholars/students, who are currently employed/enrolled in QS ranked Pakistani universities:
d). Top 500 are granted 50% discount.
e). Top 501-1000 are granted 25% discount.
1.3. Local Authors (faculty, researchers & scholars) who have obtained:
i). Indigenous PhD Scholarship and IRSIP Fellowship (both) are granted 50% discount.
ii). Indigenous PhD Scholarship or IRSIP Fellowship are granted 25% discount.
iii). Any other local/foreign PhD Scholarship (merit based) are granted 25% discount.
iv). A Gold Medal during university education are granted 25% discount.
Note: Only one type of exemption/discount per article can be claimed.
2. Article Processing Charge (Publication Fee):
a): An Article Processing Charge/Publication Fee at PKR. 30,000 for single author article is charged after the peer-review process and acceptance of the article.
b): The total article charges for two authors article are PKR. 50,000 (Rs. 25,000 per author).
c): The total article charges for three authors article are PKR. 75,000 (Rs. 25,000 per author).
3. Article Processing Charge Explained:
We are committed to making the costs of publishing as clear as possible. So, the article processing charge covers the costs of turning a manuscript into a finished article, as well as the costs of hosting, distributing and promoting an article.
When a manuscript is submitted, it passes through the many different departments at LASSIJ-IDEA to ensure the quality checks, peer review, production and promotion of articles is carried out in a timely manner and to a high standard:
- The Editorial Screening team, who perform initial technical and ethical checks.
- The Editorial team, who help the journal's Academic Editors manage the review process.
- The Production team, who convert the manuscript to a professionally typeset article.
- The Proofing team, who coordinate the proofing process.
- The Editorial Quality Assurance team, who perform a final check to ensure that the manuscript and its review process adhere to the journal's guidelines and policies.
- The Marketing and Communication team, who ensure your article receives the attention it deserves.
- The Technology team, who build and maintain our systems, and develop new systems.
The work these teams do contribute to the requirement of an APC and that is why the actual amount payable may vary with the passage of time.
There is no charge for using the review and production services if the paper is rejected. However, due to the costs incurred, LASSIJ-IDEA reserves the right to a partial charge of the publication fee if the author withdraws the paper.