Like other Open Access Journals, LASSIJ-IDEA charges an Article Processing Charge (APC) for professional editing service, review process, production, and publication of articles.
1. Exemptions and Discounts:
a). Foreign Authors (Faculty/Research Fellows/Students/Visiting Scholars) from developed and developing countries are exempted from all fees (submission & publication).
b). Local Authors who have obtained PhD/Postdoc from top 100 universities in QS rankings are exempted from all fees (submission & publication).
c) Local Authors who have obtained PhD/Postdoc from top 101-200 universities in QS rankings are exempted from publication fee.
d). Local Authors who have obtained PhD/Postdoc from top 201-300 universities in QS rankings are granted 75% discount in publication fee.
e). Local Authors who have obtained PhD/Postdoc from top 301-400 universities in QS rankings are granted 50% discount in publication fee.
f). Local Authors who have obtained PhD/Postdoc from top 401-500 universities in QS rankings are granted 25% discount in publication fee.
g). Local Authors who have obtained both the HEC Indigenous Scholarship for PhD as well as IRSIP Foreign Fellowship as Visiting Scholars are granted 50% discount in publication fee.
h). Local Authors who have obtained HEC Indigenous Scholarship for PhD OR IRSIP Foreign Fellowship as Visiting Scholars are granted 25% discount in publication fee.
Note: All exemptions/discounts are applicable only on the principal and the corresponding authors separately. Only one type of exemption/discount per article can be claimed.
2. Submission and Processing Fee:
Submission fee at PKR-5000 per author (non-refundable) is charged before processing the article for review.
3. Production and Publication Fee:
Publication fee at PKR-15,000 per author is charged after layout/galley-proof of the accepted article is shared with author(s).
4. Total Article Processing Charge: The total charges (submission and publication) for single author article are PKR. 20,000; two authors PKR. 40,000 and three authors PKR. 60,000.
Note: Maximum three authors are allowed in an article. There must be at least one PhD or Assistant Professor in the article either as principal, corresponding, or co-author.
Article Processing Charges Explained:
We are committed to making the costs of publishing as clear as possible. So, these article processing charges cover the costs of turning a manuscript into a finished article, as well as the costs of hosting, distributing and promoting an article.
When a manuscript is submitted, it passes through the many different departments at LASSIJ-IDEA to ensure the quality checks, peer review, production and promotion of articles is carried out in a timely manner and to a high standard:
- The Editorial Screening team, who perform initial technical and ethical checks.
- The Editorial team, who help the journal's Academic Editors manage the review process.
- The Production team, who convert the manuscript to a professionally typeset article.
- The Proofing team, who coordinate the proofing process.
- The Editorial Quality Assurance team, who perform a final check to ensure that the manuscript and its review process adhere to the journal's guidelines and policies.
- The Marketing and Communication team, who ensure your article receives the attention it deserves.
- The Technology team, who build and maintain our systems, and develop new systems.
The work these teams do contribute to the requirement of an APC and that is why the actual amount payable may vary with the passage of time.