Ethics and Malpractices Statement
LASSIJ is committed to meeting and upholding the standard of ethical behaviour at all stages of the publication process. Conformance to the standards of ethical behaviour is expected of all parties involved: authors, editors and reviewers.
The journal is committed to the highest standards of both critical scholarly review and professional publishing judgment. By insisting on thorough peer review procedures in combination with careful editorial judgment, LASSIJ performs an intellectual gatekeeping function, ensuring that only scholarship of the highest quality receives the acceptance for publication.
Furthermore, the following publication ethics and malpractice statements sets out the specific responsibilities for all parties involved to ensure that LASSIJ complies with internationally accepted guidelines on carrying out ethical and culturally competent research.
Responsibilities of the Editors
- The editors are responsible to examine all the submitted articles exclusively based on their academic merit, i.e., significance, timeliness, relevance, originality, and clarity.
- The editors would not take into account the author’s race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, religious beliefs or institutional affiliation.
- The editors will be responsible for the integrity of the published record by issuing corrections and retractions; and pursuing suspected or alleged research and publication misconduct, if required.
- The editors and management staff will not disclose any information about a submitted article to anyone other than the corresponding author, editorial reviewers, potential peer reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher as necessary.
- An unpublished material disclosed in a submitted article will not be used by any editor in his/her own research.
- The editors are responsible to ensure quality of the language used in the article and that the format and all required guidelines are fulfilled by the author (s) before processing for peer-review.
- The editors are responsible to ensure a fair and appropriate double-blind peer-review process of all submitted articles.
- The HEC Pakistan requires peer review by two international (foreign) and one national (local) expert, which will be strictly followed by the editors.
- Submissions from authors which have any conflict of interest with the editor (s) will be assessed, evaluated and processed by another member of the Editorial Board. Submissions by an editor (s) will be assigned to another member of the Editorial Board to ensure a fair and appropriate review process.
- The editors will require all contributors to disclose relevant competing interests and publish corrections if competing interests are revealed after publication.
- The editors, advisors and reviewers must be experts in the field and have an international repute in academic research.
- The editors are responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal will be published, based on the validation of the work in question, its importance to researchers, scholars and readers, the reviewers’ comments, and such legal requirements as are currently in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- The Editor-in-Chief confers with senior associate/associate/assistant editors, advisors and/or reviewers in making these processes and decisions.
Responsibilities of the Reviewers
- Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in an article or knows that its prompt review will be impossible, should notify the editor and excuse her/himself from the review process.
- Any manuscript received for review shall be treated as a confidential document by the reviewers.
- Double-blind peer reviews are conducted objectively. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
- Unpublished material disclosed in a submitted article must not be used in a reviewer’s own research without the express written consent of the author (s).
Responsibilities of the Publisher
- In cases of alleged or proven misconduct, fraudulent publication or plagiarism, the publisher i.e., LASSIJ IDEA, in close collaboration with the editors, will take all appropriate measures to clarify the situation and to amend the article in question. This includes the prompt publication of an erratum, clarification or, in the most severe case, the retraction of the affected work.
- As publisher, LASSIJ IDEA is committed to the permanent availability and preservation of scholarly research and strives to ensure accessibility by partnering with organisations and maintaining its own digital archive.
- If an inaccuracy, misleading text or wrong explanations are found in the published article, LASSIJ IDEA must correct it promptly.
- LASSIJ IDEA will forward all complaints to the Editor-in-Chief. He will be responsible to seriously investigate them regardless of who files the complaint.
Responsibilities of the Authors
- It is the responsibility of the authors to ensure that the manuscripts are reviewed/edited by an English language expert before submission to LASSIJ.
- The authors shall ensure that the style of referencing and citation is maintained according to the APA guidelines (latest edition).
- The authors shall ensure an in-text citation style used with a list of references at the end of the manuscript.
- The correspondence author shall ensure that the manuscript is not submitted and/or is under review for publication elsewhere.
- The correspondence author shall ensure that there is no conflict of interest among the principle author & the co-authors.
- The correspondence author shall make sure that there is no plagiarism and/or similarity in the manuscript. Any data or idea taken from other sources are properly cited in accordance with international standards.
- The international standards of research ethics must be followed and ensured by the authors/co-authors.
- Complete affiliation details of author/co-authors, either with one or more institutions shall be provided during submission of manuscript.
- The correspondence author shall ensure that manuscript, once accepted for peer-review is not submitted/published elsewhere, unless rejected by LASSIJ.
- Author (s) shall provide a signed agreement/undertaking allowing LASSIJ to reserve the right to circulate the article and all other derivative works such as translations.
- It is the responsibility of the authors to carefully read the author (s) guidelines and make sure that all the requirements and conditions of LASSIJ are fulfilled before submission of the manuscript.