Conflict of Interests Policy
Declaration of Conflicting Interests Policy
The formal policy of LASSIJ-IDEA regarding the declaration of conflicting interests requires the author(s) to declare a written conflict-of-interest statement or a conflict of interest disclosure during the submission of the manuscript to ensure implementation of the Guidelines published on good publication and the Code of Conduct by the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE).
A potential conflicting interest might arise from relationships, allegiances or hostilities to particular groups, organisations or interests, which may influence excessively one’s judgments or actions. The issue is particularly sensitive when such interests are private and/or may result in personal gain.
The author(s) may have a potential conflict of interests that could affect or could be seen to affect their research submitted to LASSIJ-IDEA. As a result, the author(s) must submit a formal declaration of the conflicting interests enabling a written statement to be carried within the paginated published article.
The examples of conflicts of interest might include but are not limited to: having received fees for consulting; having received research funding; having been employed by a related company; holding stocks or shares in a company which might be affected by the publication of your paper, or having received funds reimbursing you for attending a related symposium or talk.
If there are other interests that the reasonable reader might feel have affected the research submitted to LASSIJ-IDEA, the author(s) must declare it at least before acceptance of the manuscript.
The manuscripts are evaluated fairly and are not rejected when any competing interests are not declared until necessarily required by the policy.
The editorial team of LASSIJ-IDEA does not expect that details of the financial arrangements shall be disclosed when a competing interest is declared.
The author(s) must check the Manuscript Submission Guidelines of LASSIJ-IDEA to ensure compliance with the specific requirements needed by the journal. The author(s) are required to certify in the author agreement form that:
- All forms of financial support are acknowledged in the contribution.
- Any commercial or financial involvement that might present a conflict of interest related to the contribution is disclosed in the covering letter during submission.
- Any potential conflict of interest shall be shared with the Editor for discussion on whether disclosure of its information is to be made in the published manuscript.
- The author(s) did not sign any agreement with any sponsor of the research submitted to LASSIJ-IDEA that prevents the author(s) from publishing both positive and negative results or that forbids the author(s) from publishing the research without prior approval of the sponsor.
- The author(s) have checked the manuscript submission guidelines of LASSIJ-IDEA for a Declaration of Conflicting Interests requirement and have complied with the requirements specified.
The author(s) must include such a declaration at the end of the manuscript after any acknowledgements and before the Funding Acknowledgement, Notes (if relevant) and References, under the heading 'Declaration of Conflicting Interest'. If no conflict exists, please state that 'The Author(s) declare(s) that there is no conflict of interest'.
The same obligations equally apply to the editors or guest editors writing an editorial that will be published in the LASSIJ-IDEA and to the peer reviewers, where applicable.
Last updated: January 28, 2022