Article Processing Charge
The editorial review and peer review process may take 2-3 months to accept and publish an article. Acceptance of an article is based on editorial considerations, an independent peer review, and ensuring that the highest standards are maintained. Like other Open Access Journals, JHSMS-IDEA has a policy for the Article Processing Charge (APC) as follows:
1. Article Processing Charge
An article processing charge includes the submission fee (processing fee), publication fee (author fee) and copy-cum-language editing fee (optional) as follows:
1. Pre-Acceptance Stage (Pre-Publication Stage)
After submitting the manuscript, the editorial process involves a desk review and peer-review processes. The pre-acceptance fees are charged as follows:
1.1. Submission fee @ 5,000 PKR after the desk review of the manuscript is completed.
1.2. Processing fee @ 5,000 PKR before initiating the peer-review process.
2. Post-Acceptance Stage (Publication Stage)
The post-acceptance production process of the manuscript includes copy-editing, language editing, reference setting, proofreading, layouts, indexing, archiving, etc. When the article is accepted, fees are charged as follows:
2.1. Editing fee @ 5,000 PKR after acceptance for the production processes.
2.2. Publication fee @ 10,000 PKR per author after the acceptance (discounts apply).
3. Exemptions and Discounts
All authors, including the principal, corresponding, and co-authors, can claim an exemption or a discount on the publication fee (only) as follows:
Note: An author/co-author can claim only one type of discount per article.
4. Fee Return (upon withdrawal and decline)
When a manuscript is recommended after desk review by the editorial committee for the peer review process, the author(s) is asked to deposit the submission and processing fees in the official bank account of IDEA PUBLISHERS. If the manuscript is declined at any stage of the editorial process, Ninety percent (90%) of the submission and processing fees are returned to the author(s). However, if the author(s) withdraws the manuscript, the JHSMS-IDEA reserves the right to a partial charge of the submission and processing fees on a case-to-case basis.
5. Article Processing Charge Explained
We are committed to making the costs of publishing as clear as possible. So, the article processing charge covers the costs of turning a manuscript into a finished article and hosting, distributing and promoting an article.
When a manuscript is submitted, it passes through the many different departments at JHSMS-IDEA to ensure the quality checks, peer review, production and promotion of articles are carried out in a timely manner and to a high standard:
- The editorial screening team performs initial technical and ethical checks.
- The editorial team helps the journal's Academic Editors manage the review process.
- The production team converts the manuscript to a professionally typeset article.
- The proofing team coordinates the proofing process.
- The editorial quality Assurance team performs a final check to ensure that the manuscript and its review process adhere to the journal's guidelines and policies.
- The marketing and communication team ensures that the article receives the attention it deserves.
- The technology team builds and maintains the systems and develops new systems.
The work these teams do contributes to the requirement of an APC, which is why the actual amount payable may vary with time.
There is no publication fee for the review and production services if the article is rejected at any stage of the editorial process. However, due to the costs incurred, JHSMS-IDEA reserves the right to charge a partial fee if the author withdraws the manuscript (with a valid reason only).
[Last updated: November 1, 2023]